National Cooperative Bank (NCB), a leading financial services company serving cooperatives nationwide, held its annual meeting on May 4, 2017 at the Arthur M. Sackler Gallery in Washington, D.C. During the meeting, NCB announced its 2017 Board of Directors with Martin Lowery, Executive Vice President for the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association serving as chair.
The Board welcomes one new member, Patrick Jury, president and CEO of Iowa Credit Union League, Des Moines, IA. Jury replaces Steve Cunningham of S.F. Cunningham LLC.
“Steve Cunningham has been instrumental in NCB’s success and I am truly grateful for his dedication and service to our organization and the cooperative community”, stated Charles E. Snyder, president and CEO of NCB. “I am excited for what the future brings adding Pat to our board as we continue to expand our business relationships with credit unions nationwide.”
The Board benefits from a diverse roster of members, who come from a variety of industries in which cooperatives play an important role. In addition to Jury, NCB’s 2017 Board Members are:
- Wilson Beebe, past president of Thanexus, in Wall Township, NJ;
- Roger Collins, CEO and chairman of Harps Foods in Springdale, AR;
- Paul Hazen, executive director of U.S. Overseas Cooperative Development Council in Washington, D.C.;
- Janis Herschkowitz, president and CEO of PRL, Inc. in Cornwall, PA.;
- Debra Huddleston, managing director Centennial Bank in New York, NY.;
- Peter Larkin, president and CEO of National Grocers Association in Arlington, VA;
- Andrea Levere, president of CFED in Washington, D.C.;
- Martin Lowery, executive vice president at the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association in Arlington, VA.;
- Christine Neal, chief financial officer and treasurer of Unified Grocers in Commerce, CA;
- Mary Ann Rothman, executive director of The Council of NY Cooperatives and Condominiums in New York, NY;
- Maurice Smith, president of Local Government Federal Credit Union in Raleigh, NC;
- David P. Swanson, partner, Dorsey & Whitney in Minneapolis, MN; and
- David B. Vliet, CEO of Tiburcio Vasquez Health Center, Inc. in Hayward, CA.
About National Cooperative Bank: National Cooperative Bank is dedicated to strengthening communities nationwide through the delivery of banking and financial services, complemented by a special focus on cooperative expansion and economic development. NCB provides financial products and services for the nation’s cooperatives, their members, and socially responsible organizations. Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Bank has offices in Alaska, California, New York, Ohio and Virginia. To learn more, visit www.ncb.coop, National Cooperative Bank on Facebook and Instagram, or on Twitter @natlcoopbank.